I was asked to give a talk on “The Ongoing Adventures of a Frontend Developer” at Clark College in Vancouver, Washington. Here are some links and notes from that talk.
Links mentioned in the talk:
- Excercism - Level up your programming skills
- Can I Use - Browser support tables for modern web technologies
- Mozilla Developer Network (MDN) - Shared knowledge for the Open Web
- Left Pad Chaos - kik, left-pad, and npm
- Five Steps to Becoming a Better Developer - There’s no such thing as a unicorn.
- Five Steps to Becoming a Better Devsigner - Devsigner Talk
- Video where I install dependencies - As discussed in how dependencies are added to a project.
- Good Code versus Perfect Code - Great code, unless shipped, doesn’t do much.
- Ember - A framework for creating ambitious web applications
- Angular - HTML enhanced for web apps!
- Broccoli - A fast, reliable asset pipeline, supporting constant-time rebuilds and compact build definitions.
Getting Started on GitHub I’ll write a blog post on this in a few days.
- Up For Grabs - This is a list of projects which have curated tasks specifically for new contributors. These are a great way to get started with a project, or to help share the load of working on open source projects.
- Help Wanted Tags on GitHub - Issues on GitHub that have the “help wanted” tag on them.
My style of slide deck is very minimal so they don’t stand up very well by themselves without the context. But…if you want to see them they are: The Deck. (us the arrow keys to navigate the slides)